Are you looking to buy a generator? Have you purchased a Kubota generator before and are wondering how to extend its life span? At Ace Power Products, LLC, we are committed to providing the best generators on the market today to the entire United States. We are also dedicated to teaching you how to maintain your generator, allowing it to serve you and your family for years.
How To Extend The Life Of Your Kubota Generator
Regular generator maintenance helps keep it in working order. The more often maintenance is performed, the longer and better it will run. With proper care, a generator can double its life. Using these tips and tricks, you can keep your generator operating at a high level for a long time.
- Perform regular oil changes. The industry standard is that oil changes should be done after every 50 to 200 hours of usage. Newer models may not need to be changed as often, while generators used in a dusty environment may need to be changed more often.
- Clean your generator. Dust and other debris can impact how efficiently your generator runs. Cleaning the air filters weekly, especially if used a lot, can eliminate the buildup of dust.
- If your generator is not used regularly, turn it on once a month. By turning it on regularly, you can ensure that the generator will run when you need it.
- After each use, drain the old gas and fill the tank with new fuel.
- Decrease the chance of rushing by storing your generator in a cool, dry place or use a cover to protect it when not in use.
Using Your Generator After Storage
If you store your generator for long periods, follow these tips before operation.
- Inspect your generator for oil leaks, battery corrosion, blockages, and electrical damage.
- Put in a new air filter.
- Replace the fuel filter and fill up the tank.
- Ensure the engine is running and check the hoses and belts for possible breaks.
Following the steps above helps to ensure that your generator will run efficiently without causing significant damage that could be costly to repair.
When To Have A Generator Professionally Maintained
You can perform most of this maintenance yourself. Corrosion, cracks, and leaks are easy to spot. Filling the gas tank, replacing the air filter, and checking the oil levels are also user-friendly. It is essential to have a certified technician perform a thorough inspection at least once a year. Technicians can replace parts that may be difficult to access, notice parts that may cause problems down the road, and they can answer any questions you may have about future maintenance.
Ace Power Products, LLC is a Wellington, Florida-based company that provides Kubota power products and parts to the entire United States. We can help you find the Kubota generator that fits your needs. No matter your location, we will ship to you. Contact us and let us help you find the best product at an affordable price.