You just got a new power generator. You actually want to make sure this one lasts, unlike your other one. How do you do that? Well, with some assistance from Ace Power Products, LLC, we will make sure you know everything when it comes to how to use a generator. No matter where you are in the USA, we are here for you. We specialize and sell Kubota diesel engine parts.
Some Tips and Trick
Let’s start by explaining the best tips we feel you should know when it comes to your new generator. We want to make sure you get the most out of it and it lasts as long as possible. Here is our list of the most important things to avoid. Don’t do the following:
- Use it indoors
- It may seem convenient to put your generator in a place where the outlets are within easy reach, but doing so can be lethal. When internal combustion engines burn fuel, they create carbon monoxide. This is very dangerous. This odorless gas latches onto your red blood cells, preventing them from carrying the oxygen your body needs to function.
- Get the wrong size
- Overloading your generator can wear it out prematurely, so it pays to get a unit big enough to meet your power needs. There are plenty of calculators available online to estimate your needs. One thing to keep in mind is that you won’t necessarily need enough power to run everything at once. Some devices with electric motors need extra power to turn on, but you can plan around this, turning off a few things to handle the load spike so you can reduce your total power requirements.
- Wire it up alone.
- A generator needs to be installed by a licensed electrician. Someone who knows exactly what they are doing. A transfer switch needs to be installed to keep the generator from feeding power back into the grid which can cause a fire and potentially electrocute anyone working on the power lines. The generator also needs to be installed in a way that meets all local safety codes.
- Use a bad extension cord
- Getting extension cords is probably not on the top of your list when the power goes out, but using old, thin cords can cause a severe strain on your generator and your appliances with an added dash of fire danger. Before you actually need them, buy some higher gauge cords that can transfer electricity from your generator to the devices you plan on using.
- Use old fuel.
- Modern gasoline ages quickly, which can make your generator harder to start and keep it from producing full power. Untreated gas shouldn’t be kept for more than 30 days, while gas treated with a stabilizer shouldn’t be used after 90 days. Have fuel that’s a little past its prime? Pour it into your car’s gas tank where it can be diluted with fresh fuel, then buy some new gas for your generator.
We Know How To Use A Generator
If you are in the need for a new generator, the solution is simple. Get one from us. All of our generators are factory tested and certified. They are also made entirely in the USA. There are no spare parts from any other country! Also, no matter where you are in the world, we will ship within 24 hours. This includes Kubota diesel engine parts.
Call Us Today
As we said before, we know how to use a generator. When it comes to quality diesel parts, marine parts, and generators, we are the best choice. Ace Power Product, LLC, has the perfect Kubota Diesel Generators and Kubota diesel engine parts for sale. Located everywhere in the USA, we are here for you. Call us today for more information. You will not be disappointed.