Are you planning on buying a generator but have no idea what you are doing? Do you feel like you are at a complete loss? There is no need to stress, the professionals at Ace Power Products are here to make sure you get enough information to help you make the best decision. We specialize in generators for sale near me. When it comes to Kubota industrial engine parts, we are one of the top sellers in the USA.
First Things First
Ask yourself the following question; What are your goals with your generator? Generators are sold by power output, as measured in watts. The amount of power they deliver determines how many lights and appliances you can run at once; the quality and consistency of that power determines how well they’ll run. Figure on about 5,000 watts to cover the basics.
Start by making a list of what you don’t want to go without while the power’s down, then add up their watts to get you in the right ballpark. Here are some rough numbers for common essentials:
- Refrigerator: 600 watts
- Sump pump: 750 to 1,500 watts
- Portable heater: 1,500 watts
- Window air conditioner: 1,000 watts
- Lights: 60 to 600 watts
- Computers: 60 to 300 watts
One tip that will make prioritizing easier is to determine which outlets and appliances are controlled by each circuit breaker in your panel and label them accordingly.
What type is right for you? You can go one of three ways. Home standby generators are installed permanently, can run on natural gas or propane, and kick on automatically during an outage. Portable and inverter generators can both be moved around, though they come in different sizes. Some are better for transporting to a tailgate, while others are better kept on your property as a backup power source.
The Many Options of Generators for Sale Near Me
Consider these options to make sure you get the best generator for your needs:
- Automatic Start
- When the power goes off, the generator goes on—without you lifting a finger. This is great if you travel a lot or work far from home, and can’t always get there quickly in an emergency.
- Electric Start
- Several portable models offer this push-button alternative to the hassle of pull-starting the engine. Just factor in the added cost (around $50) if the battery is not included. Stationary models have automatic starting.
- Alternative Fuel Capacity
- Most portable models run only on gasoline, though some come equipped to run on a propane tank or natural-gas line and others can be converted with kits.
- Fuel Gauge
- Especially during long blackouts, you may appreciate the ability to check at a glance how much fuel remains in your portable generator.
- Low-Oil Shutoff
- If oil falls below minimum levels, the generator shuts down to prevent engine damage. Typically a standard feature on stationary generators, it’s increasingly common on portables.
- Multiple Outlets
- Four or more lets you best use the wattage by spreading the load, though we recommend using these only in an extreme pinch at home, or for when you’re away at a campsite. See the next section on transfer switches.
- Removable Console
- This connects to the generator so you can plug in appliances without running (potentially risky) extension cords outdoors.
Call Us Today for Kubota Industrial Engine Parts
When it comes to choosing the perfect generator, we know what we are talking about. Our expertise ranges from quality diesel parts and marine parts to all around generators. We are the best choice. Ace Power Product, LLC, has the perfect Kubota Diesel Generators and Kubota industrial engine parts for sale. Located everywhere in the USA, we are here for you. Call us today for more information. You will not be disappointed with our “generators for sale near me.”