We may only be in February, but that does not mean we can’t start preparing for hurricane season right now. When it comes to a powerful storm, you need to prepare for the worse, just in case. It only takes one storm to significantly disrupt your life. Ace Power Products, LLC sells generators for hurricane preparedness. We want to make you and your family are safe, just in case the high winds wipe out your electricity. We also sell Kubota industrial engine parts. We can ship anywhere in the USA.
How Is Your Hurricane Kit?
A basic emergency kit will help you keep your family safe and healthy in the event of a disaster. The Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommends having at least two weeks’ worth of the following supplies:
- Water, one gallon per person for both drinking and sanitation
- Food, non-perishables (refer to Generac’s Hurricane Preparation Shopping List) and a manual can opener for food
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, and an NOAA weather radio with tone alert and extra batteries for both
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First Aid kit
- Whistle to signal for help
- Moist towelettes, and garbage bags and plastic ties for personal sanitation
- Wrench and pliers to turn off utilities
- Cell phone and portable charger
Here are Other Things that you should do in preparation:
- Stay in Touch. Download an application to your smartphone that can notify people where you are, and whether or not you are safe. The Red Cross has a Hurricane App available in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.
- Get Gas. You may need to evacuate in the event of a hurricane or run a portable generator. Fill up your car or gas tank before the storm hits to avoid long lines.
- Know Your Evacuation Plan. Each community has an evacuation plan. It’s important to know the route to evacuate the area in the event of an emergency safely. Having an alternate route can also be beneficial.
- Locate the Nearest Shelter. Learn the location of the nearest shelter. If you have pets, make sure to identify pet-friendly shelters.
- Ax in the Attic. If flooding occurs, you may need to move to the rooftop. With an ax, you will be able to break through and climb on top of the roof where rescuers can reach you and your family, and take you to safety.
- Prepare Your Home. Use hurricane shutters, or board up windows and doors with 5/8 inch plywood, and reinforce garage doors. Bring in outside items if they can be picked up by high winds, and clear gutters of debris.
- Have Backup Power Available. This is the most important step. Here is where we come in. If you already own a portable or automatic backup generator, complete the necessary maintenance to make sure the generator can function properly. If you don’t own a generator, consider purchasing one. Ask us about our Kubota industrial engine parts.
Our Generators For Hurricane Are The Best
Every generator in our inventory is factory tested and certified. It is made 100% in the USA and can be shipped within 24 hours. We have everything in stock and offer same day shipping worldwide. In no time your family will be free from power loss during a big storm.
Call Us Today
During a hurricane, we want to make sure you always have power. This is a big part of hurricane preparedness. We sell generators for hurricane. When it comes to quality diesel parts, marine parts, and generators, we are the best choice. Ace Power Product, LLC, also sells Kubota industrial engine parts. Located everywhere in the USA, we are here for you. Call us today for more information. You will not be disappointed.